It’s the the only Forbes Four Star and AAA Five Diamond hotel in the greater Phoenix area, and come December The Phoenician gets a new luxury spa to match.
The current Centre for Well Being will be rebranded The Phoenician Spa. The three-story facility will feature a rooftop pool, 24 treatment rooms – including a couple’s VIP suite – a Drybar, full-service nail salon, fitness center with movement studio, personal training gym and juice bar.
“The concept for the new spa is based on the legend of the Phoenix, a symbol of rebirth — for mind, body and soul,” said Denise Seomin, Public Relations Director. “Through features such as our couples VIP suite and new aromatherapy blending bar, the spa experience will be more personalized, creating a luxurious experience in keeping with our Sonoran legacy.”
The spa is part of an extensive second phase renovation at the Luxury Collection property. In 2016, guest rooms and casitas were remodeled along with The Phoenician’s boutique hotel-within-a-hotel, The Canyon Suites.
Besides the spa, many other areas of the iconic hotel are getting a facelift including:
- Main Lobby – A smart, spacious entrance will lead to personalized welcome desks to assist with check-in, as well as a relocated concierge service area.
- Main Lounge – The Thirsty Camel will take advantage of floor-to-ceiling views and new seating to create a more relaxed, central gathering spot. A fresh, regionally-centric menu will also be incorporated.
- Pool Complex – Additional deck space will be integrated to allow for more seating and VIP areas. A new waterslide and other family-friendly recreational offerings, such as a tree house, will be introduced. An adult-only hot tub will complement the signature Mother of Pearl pool. The current bar & grill will be relocated to reveal more of the resort’s overall sweeping views, and repurposed as the Kalio Kabobery, featuring Mediterranean-inspired fare.
- Afternoon Tea Court – The venue will be repositioned off of the lounge to provide a more intimate backdrop for this traditional English experience.
- Il Terrazzo – The restaurant will be re-concepted as Mowry & Cotton, featuring a lively atmosphere and approachable menu that speaks to the flame-cured, indigenous flavors and textures of modern American cuisine.
- The Shops at The Phoenician – The retail space will be redesigned to welcome a variety of specialty boutique stores featuring apparel, jewelry and gift items.
- Café and Ice Cream Parlor – This anchor to the retail area will also have a new layout, concept and menu with the introduction of The Marketplace – breakfast, lunch and custom offerings presented in “grab & go” style.